Introducing Squeeze Server 2.0
Today we are pleased to announce the immediate availability of Sorenson Squeeze Server 2.0, the easiest-to-use and fastest-ever version of the company’s high-volume enterprise-grade encoding and transcoding solution. The new application, built on the perennial gold-standard Sorenson Squeeze encoding engine, significantly improves performance while streamlining encoding and transcoding tasks.
Squeeze Server 2.0 includes full optimization for all four leading adaptive bitrate streaming protocols, including the newly added MPEG Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (DASH); Adobe Flash Dynamic Streaming (FDS); Apple HTTP Live Streaming (HLS); and Microsoft Smooth Streaming. Squeeze Server automatically transcodes individual videos files into chunked segments categorized by bitrate, organizes the segments into folders and delivers them to every specified destination for playback.
“We challenged ourselves to make our Server product better and faster than ever—and the result was an entirely new user interface which streamlines workflows significantly,” said Eric Quanstrom, COO of Sorenson Media. “We further optimized what was already the best adaptive bitrate performance. Squeeze Server 2.0 was designed to let people encode and manage video how and where their workflow lives—on-premise, in the Cloud or both, as a hybrid solution. There is nothing in the market that rivals Squeeze Server 2.0 for quality or cost-effectiveness at any price point.”
Core benefits of Squeeze Server 2.0 include:
• Unprecedented speed. Major enhancements to the application’s core encoding algorithm maximize all available server CPUs for each encode.
• A completely redesigned user interface that enables easy management, updating and status indicators for all encoding, including remote control of the server(s) from a browser or iOS device.
• A refined API – REST-based and easy to code against.
• The broadest variety of input and output options for multiscreen video preparation with optimized encoding presets.
• Easy-to-use installation configurations, so the application is ready for encoding within moments, with zero-configuration queues and intelligent presets.
• Dedicated, Gold-Tier maintenance with highly trained video experts via telephone, email or live chat, as well as ongoing updates and upgrades as they come available.
Find out more about Squeeze Server 2.0
Read the Press Release